PayPal betting sites are commonplace in the UK. It is a standard e-wallet, and many sites from across multiple industries use it to their benefit.
Table of Contents
- 1 Which are the best Paypal betting sites?
- 2 Top Reasons Why You Should be Using PayPal for Your Online Betting
- 3 How to use PayPal on any bookie’s Payment Page
- 4 What kind of Additional Fee do I have to pay to use PayPal?
- 5 PayPal Security Measures
- 6 Using PayPal on bookmaker platforms – Pros & Cons
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions about PayPal and their use in Sports Wagering
- 7.1 How long does it usually take for my PayPal withdrawals to appear in my account?
- 7.2 How long do I have to wait for the PayPal deposit to be verified and to appear in the bookmaker’s account balance?
- 7.3 Will I still receive my welcome bonus if I use PayPal to make my first deposit?
- 7.4 Can I use PayPal and still receive my free bets bonus if I’m an existing customer?
- 7.5 How much fee amounts do I have to pay if I use PayPal as a payment option?
- 7.6 Are my funds safe when I use PayPal?
- 7.7 Is there a PayPal mobile app I can download?
- 7.8 Is the PayPal app free?
- 7.9 What is the minimal and maximum withdrawal limits when I use PayPal?
- 7.10 Do all bookmakers accept PayPal as a payment option?
Which are the best Paypal betting sites?
|PAYPAL BETTING SITES UK||SIGN UP OFFER*||REGISTRATION LINK|
| CORAL ||£30 free bets||SIGN UP AT CORAL|
|Key Terms: 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £10 a odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.|
| WILLIAM HILL ||£30 free bets||GET WILLIAM HILL OFFER|
|New customers using Promo Code P30 only, min £10 stake, min odds ½, free bets paid as 2x £15 (30 days expiry), free bet/payment method/player/country restrictions apply.|
| BET365 ||Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365.||VISIT BET365|
|Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.|
| LADBROKES ||£30 free bets||VISIT LADBROKES|
|18+. New UK + IRE customers. Min first bet £10. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 7 days.T&Cs Apply.|
| BETFRED ||£30 free bets + 30 free spins||USE PAYPAL AT BETFRED|
|New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. Doesn’t apply to customers who place their first bet on the Virtual Grand National. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply.|
The bookies below all use PayPal and are some of the best in the UK gaming market. They won’t disappoint you whichever one you decide to use.
- Coral – they have an extensive Sportsbook with many available in-play and pre-game markets, and they also offer great promotions for both new and existing customers
- William Hill – one of the oldest bookies in the UK, William Hill provides fun promotions, high limits, and substantial odds.
- Bet365 – the best know bookie in the world, which offers some of the most diverse betting opportunities for both popular and niche sports.
- Ladbrokes – one of the most trusted platforms for sports betting that offers great markets and sports to bet on and good in-play markets and odds.
- 888 Sport – everything you would need when it comes to sports betting is available on 888 Sport, and their customer support service is top-notch.
- Betfred – they have been around for more than fifty years and have experience in the industry, and they also offer high winning limits and a user-friendly mobile app.
- Paddy Power – another giant in the bookmaking industry Paddy Power has provided a vast array of sports to wager on, and their mobile services are top of the line.
- Betfair – they are most famous for being the largest and the first betting exchange in the world, and because of that, they have probably the highest odds on the online market.
- BetVictor – they are a popular bookie that offers an attractive welcome offer and top in-play markets.
- Unibet – they are one of the biggest bookies on the scene in the UK and worldwide, and they offer some of the best features around.
Top Reasons Why You Should be Using PayPal for Your Online Betting
PayPal hasn’t been around for that long in the sports betting scene, but they are one of the earliest companies that offer online payment options. Competitors like Skrill and Neteller joined the sports betting scene earlier, but even if they arrived a little late to the party, they quickly took the first place. Now PayPal is the preferred payment option among e-wallet methods. Some of the reasons why you should use PayPal are:
- High-quality security measures
- Years of experience in handling financial transactions
- Six levels of precautionary measures for each transaction
- Dispute resolution
- 24/7 customer support center
- Fraud prevention
- Fee-free deposits
- Minimal processing times
- E-mail notifications
- User-friendly and free mobile app
- Instant transfers between your PayPal account and your bank card
How to use PayPal on any bookie’s Payment Page
Using the famous e-wallet as a payment method on your bookie’s page is easy as pie. You will need to add your PayPal account (if you don’t have one, then follow the steps in this article to create one and verify it) to your betting account on the bookmaker’s page. You may be asked to fill out the information to confirm that the PayPal account is yours. The next step would be to follow the steps described below to deposit and withdraw via PayPal. During each deposit, you will get redirected to PayPal’s website to confirm the transaction. The withdrawal process requires you to enter your bookmaker’s account password in most cases as an additional security measure.
How to Link a Bank Account to PayPal?
If you don’t have a PayPal account, you need to create one to use their services. That is easy if you follow the steps below:
- Open the PayPal website.
- Click on “Sign Up” in the top corner of the page.
- Choose which type of account you need (Personal or Business).
- Fill out the extensive registration form with your details.
- After you complete your registration, you need to verify your account by linking your bank account it, or you won’t be able to use it for anything
Connecting the bank account is a simple and a mandatory process for all PayPal customers. Follow the steps below to link your bank account to your PayPal account.
- Open PayPal and log in to your account.
- On the Summary page, you can see a “Banks and Cards” field below the “Send” and “Request” buttons.
- In that part of the page, click on the “Link a Card or Bank” link.
- Choose what you wish to connect (Card or Bank account).
- On the next page, you have to enter your IBAN.
- To verify that it’s your bank account, you will have to deposit a minimum sum in the PayPal bank account, which is called a “test deposit.”
- After that, PayPal will deposit the funds back to your account and add a unique code to the transaction.
- To verify your bank account, you will have to enter the unique code from your bank statement on the PayPal linking page.
- If you want to link a card, the process is the same, but instead of a bank account, choose a credit/debit card during the fourth step of the process.
Withdrawing with PayPal
- Open the bookmaker page and log in to your account.
- Click on your account menu and go to your account balance.
- Click on “Withdraw” and choose PayPal as a payment option.
- Fill out how much you want to withdraw.
- You should receive your funds after the request is processed.
Depositing with PayPal
- Open your bookmaker’s page and log in to your account.
- Go to your account menu.
- Click on “Deposit.”
- Choose PayPal as a deposit method.
- Fill out how much you would like to deposit and click on “Deposit Now.”
- A new page will open, redirecting you to your PayPal account (you need to log in with your PayPal details).
- If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can create one from their website.
- Authorize your payment via the PayPal page and you are done.
What kind of Additional Fee do I have to pay to use PayPal?
Creating an account with PayPal is completely free. Another good thing is that once you link your bank account to the service, they won’t charge you any fees for the deposits you make. Withdrawals are a different matter since commission rates are the only way for PayPal to make money; they charge a commission for each withdrawal made. Usually, the commission is 3-4%. The prices may change because of the withdrawal amount. Depending on the amount you want to withdraw, you may have to pay lower commissions, such as 2.5% and sometimes lower. Each time you make a withdrawal request, you will see how much the commission is before you approve the transaction.
PayPal Security Measures
PayPal isn’t the first e-wallet service to allow sports betting transactions. E-wallets like Neteller and Skrill provided their services to bookmakers before PayPal. Despite that, it is the most commonly used and popular method mainly because of its outstanding security protocols. Their security has been tested many times, and they proved that it’s one of the best in the industry. That’s the main reason why the UK Gambling Commission allows transactions with this e-wallet. All of their data and transactions are encrypted using industry standards and implementing methods like data protection compliance, key pinning, secure HTTPS connections, and robust TLS configurations. Other ways PayPal protects your funds and accounts are e-mail confirmations that occur each time you receive a deposit or you withdraw something. Another method to keep your account, data, and funds safe is the PayPal security key. This feature is optional, and its recommended to keep your account secure. It’s a two-step authentication method that sends you a one-time personal identification number unique to each login session. Thet way you have to enter the code and your password each time you log in to your account.
Using PayPal on bookmaker platforms – Pros & Cons
Like in all other categories and online industries, there are pros and cons to using a feature. Using PayPal as a payment option also has pros and cons. Let’s review and list some of them:
Positive outcomes of using PayPal
- It’s a popular e-wallet option around the world.
- You can transfer your funds instantly.
- The e-wallet is very reliable and has very high-end security measures.
- PayPal is also available for mobile transactions.
Adverse outcomes of using PayPal
- In some cases, you may have to pay fees charged by the bank or the e-wallet provider.
- Depending on the terms and conditions of some promotions, if you use an e-wallet to deposit/withdraw, you may lose your eligibility for a particular offer.
- All PayPal transactions are documented and can be reviewed by authorities in your country.
- Not all bookmakers feature this payment option.
Frequently Asked Questions about PayPal and their use in Sports Wagering
How long does it usually take for my PayPal withdrawals to appear in my account?
With PayPal and other e-wallets, the standard processing and withdrawal time is twenty-four to forty-eight hours. This timeframe is based on the fact that you have a verified account. It may take longer if the bookie has to verify your account first. That’s why we recommend validating your account right after registration, and you won’t have any delays in the processing timeframe that way when you withdraw.
How long do I have to wait for the PayPal deposit to be verified and to appear in the bookmaker’s account balance?
All deposits with PayPal take only minutes to appear into your account if your bookmaker’s account and PayPal account are both verified before that.
Will I still receive my welcome bonus if I use PayPal to make my first deposit?
We can’t answer that question with 100% accuracy. Some bookmakers allow customers to make their qualifying deposit with e-wallets, and some don’t. To be sure, you will have to check the welcome offer’s terms and conditions.
Can I use PayPal and still receive my free bets bonus if I’m an existing customer?
Each bookmaker has different rules about their promotions. Some may require you to use your bank account, and some don’t. You will have to check the specific free bet offer to make sure you will be eligible if you use an e-wallet for completing the depositing requirement.
How much fee amounts do I have to pay if I use PayPal as a payment option?
PayPal deposits are free. The only time you may be charged is for your withdrawals. PayPal takes a specific commission rate from all users when they make withdrawals. That rate is usually 3-4%, but it may vary depending on the tier the transactions fall under.
Are my funds safe when I use PayPal?
PayPal works hard to provide a safe environment for all their customers. Some of the features they use to keep your funds safe are e-mail confirmations, PayPal security keys, and data encryptions. So, your funds are secure with PayPal.
Is there a PayPal mobile app I can download?
Yes, there is. You can download it on Android from Google Play on iOS from the Apple Store and Windows Phones from the Microsoft Store. The app is 100% legal in the UK.
Is the PayPal app free?
Yes, the PayPal app is free on all platforms.
What is the minimal and maximum withdrawal limits when I use PayPal?
Usually, these limits are pre-determined by the bookmaker, but that’s not in all cases. You will have to check the bookmaker’s website for more information on the restrictions they offer. The most common limits are $10 minimal withdrawal and a $5,500 maximum withdrawal limit.
Do all bookmakers accept PayPal as a payment option?
Most bookmakers allow PayPal transactions, but not all of them. We can verify that the bookies described in this article offer that option 100%. If you are interested in a bookie that isn’t on this list, you should check their website to find out which payment methods are available and if PayPal is one of them.